If you travel every day or out on the road the whole day, then you will see different car models from various manufacturers, such as Ford, Honda, Mitsubishi, Toyota, Subaru, BMW, Mercedes Benz, Lamborghini, Porsche and KIA. You can find these cars in stunning colors and designs.
If you are going to count the cars passing on the road the whole day, you will surely get tired doing that. Because of these cars, traffic jam happens, especially during the rush hour. So, lucky for those countries, who seldom experience traffic jam.
For your information, the very first car was invented in France and Germany during the 18th century. But, later on the Americans dominated the production and invention of cars through the help of Henry Ford. Later on, demand for cars in Japan and Europe rose in the 19th century.
Today, cars are produced every day and more car models are designed and manufactured to meet the needs of the car enthusiasts. Through the help of advanced and modern technology, features of cars are also going hi-tech.
Do you know that…?
As a car enthusiast, it could have been better if you will also know about various car facts. It will surely make you feel proud about the invention of cars.
- Wilhelm Maybach designed the Mercedes in 1901 for Daimler Motoren Gesellschaft. But, it was Karl Benz, who was acknowledged for this invention. This is considered as the very first modernized motorcar.
- In 1983, two Americans from Springfield, Massachusetts, designed the very first gasoline automobile. They were J. Frank and Charles Duryea. In 1895, they won the first car race in America.
- In 1892, Rudolf Diesel received a patent for his rational combustion engine and built the first diesel engine in 1897.
- In 1897, Ransom E. Olds founded the Olds Motor Vehicle Company or Oldsmobile.
- In 1903, Henry Ford founded the Ford Motor Company.
- From 1941 to 1950, Kiichiro Toyoda had been the president of the Toyota Motor Corporation.
That was the old and important ones…let’s move to more of the weird facts.
- In 1902, the very first speeding ticket in the whole world was recorded at 45mph.
- In the United Kingdom, there are 35 million cars. And then, 1 in every 4 cars on the road were actually made in China.
- If you have a Formula 1 or F1 car, then you can drive it in a tunnel going upside down at a speed of 120mph. When it comes to corners, these cars produce 3.5G.
- Can you calculate how many cars are produced every day, if there were 60 million cars every year?
- If you have plans of going to the moon by car at an average speed of 60mph, then you will reach your destination in less than a month.
- If you are going to count all the unique parts of an average car, then it would be more than 30,000.
- 75% of the Rolls Royce cars produced are still up and on the road.
- In Europe, there were 12 brands that Volkswagen owns. That would be Scania, MAN, Audi, Seat, Bugatti, Porsche, Lamborghini, Ducati, Porsche, Skoda, Bentley, Volkswagen passenger Cars and Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles.